Monday – for many, many the less loved day of the week …
Because we have to get back to work.
Because we no longer can do the stuff we enjoy doing.
Because we have pressure and have to get up early and and and ….
Monday the bad boy! Wait a minute, really?!
Is it the Monday that make things bad? Or are it more the circumstances? The circumstances we pretty often have put ourselves into? The circumstances we don’t like but don’t change? Maybe you are not in the right job or maybe you are currently in a very shitty time of your life. That sucks. Yes, definitely. Totally. But how often non of this is the case and we are just bored? How often are we just unhappy? Unsatisfied? How often would we love to do something totally different but are just to comfortable to stay in our comfort zones? When we are honest with ourselves the answer might be “well, from time to time” or “actually, pretty often”.
Shall I change everything and fall in love with Monday?
Well, if this is what you love, you might like to. Another option is to avoid the Monday blues by
- getting aware that this is our life and we can do whatever we want. If we don’t like things we can pretty often change them.
- accepting the status quo if we do not want to change things and put the work needed for changes into it.
- planning something for Monday evening we very much look forward to.
- getting a Sunday routine and doing something enjoyable on a Sunday evening to be ready for the new week.
- setting ourselves goals for the week and see the Monday as a change with new goals to accomplish.
- writing a “to do” list on Friday evening already before leaving work so we can “switch off” the brain without the fear of forgetting something important.
Alternatively, put in the work and create the life you love!
We all got one shot and I truly believe we should take it. For me it’s being my own boss. This is 100% not the right or ideal way for a whole lot of people but it’s for me. Another dream I had was to move abroad. I got the most amazing chance as my husband lived abroad when we met. So it was kinda easy for me to go this step but I still had to do a couple of changes and maybe sacrifices. Whatever it might you want. Get clear about what you want and what it might take to realise it and create the life you love. Might be worth it.
Btw for me Mondays do not matter anymore – maybe this is why I post the Monday topic on a Tuesday…